r/AusPropertyChat • Property Enthusiast • 3d ago

Buying & Selling Anyone else stressing about another potential RBA rate hike this November(03/11)?

With inflation still sticking around and the big banks dropping hints, it’s looking more and more likely that the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) might lift the cash rate again at their November meeting(03/11)

My budget is already stretched to the absolute limit with the current mortgage repayments, and another 0.25% increase is going to hurt.

  • Are you guys fixing your rates now, or just riding it out?
  • For those renting, have your landlords already started hinting at another increase?
  • What’s the consensus here, do we think they’ll actually pull the trigger, or hold off?

Would love to hear how everyone else is preparing for this.

61 Upvotes

267 comments sorted by

View all comments

1

u/Over_Tha_Rainbow 3d ago

I’m torn because on the one hand I don’t have a mortgage anymore so I appreciate the increase to my savings interest rate.
But on the other hand I’m trying to sell and downsize, and the market is already struggling with a lack of buyers. Raising interest rates will just make it even harder to sell.

0

u/MotionSmiith 3d ago

in my opinion, sell now and you will realise it is the best decision you have made. you can buy low later.

2

u/Inevitable-Jacket348 3d ago

they did say they are trying to

1

u/MotionSmiith 3d ago

yes, what i really meant to say is, sell but do not buy, yet. if you are going to sell and then buy at the same time, doing it when market is up or down will have no difference.